8 Ways to Get Rid of Skin Moles
If you have moles, there is no need to freak. I am sure you are aware that existing moles can become cancerous, but this doesn’t occur as often as you may think. Moles are just dark skin growths, but it is entirely understandable if someone wants to remove them.
If you visit the doc to get rid of your skin mole here are your options
Getting rid of skin moles can be easy if you plan on visiting a doctor. Choosing to see a doctor to get rid of skin moles is smart since it is very easy for them to become infected.
1. Your mole may need cutting
Removing a mole by cutting is usually performed on moles that are cancerous. This isn’t the case for all moles that are surgically cut. If you have a mole that causes discomfort you may also want to look into surgery. If you receive a surgical excision, your mole, along with the skin around it will be removed. Otherwise your doctor may perform a surgical shave where he or she uses a blade to remove it from the skin.
2. The doctor can freeze your mole
During this specific removal procedure your doctor will remove your mole using liquid nitrogen. As you may know, when the skin comes in contact with liquid nitrogen it causes the skin to freeze. Once your mole is frozen it will fall off leaving you left with a blister (which is self-healing).
3. Let it sizzle
If you’ve tried everything you can to get rid of your mole, maybe you should try getting a doctor to burn it off. Yes, this procedure can be a bit painful but you will be at low risk for scarring down the road. The doc will remove you mole by using a wire full of electric current. This current works to remove layers of skin which means your mole will diminish. Burning a mole may require a few procedures depending on how deep it penetrates the skin.
Get rid of skin moles the natural way
It is possible to get rid of skin moles naturally, use these three ingredients to diminish their appearance.
4. Bloodroot paste sounds weird
Bloodroot is anherb that gets its name from the dark red liquid that spews from them when broken.The sap used to remove moles and cure other skin disorders is loaded with alkaloids (mainly nitrogen atoms). Bloodroot sap can be transformed into a powder for easier topical use. Those with cancerous moles are welcome to use bloodroot paste as a home remedy but should still link with a doctor to monitor cancerous cells.
5. Garlic gets rid of more than just vampires
This ingredient cannot only improve your dinner, it can also help get rid of moles. Garlic contains exfoliating enzymes that help breakdown your skin cells. Once cells are broken down, raised moles will flatten and pigmentation issues will being to fade.
To get rid of a skin mole using garlic you should:
- Apply petroleum jelly over your mole to protect the skin, garlic can be quite strong.
- Crush a garlic clove until it becomes a paste.
- Place the garlic paste over your mole and cover the area with a sterile bandage.
- Leave your Band-Aid on for about 5 hours
This method should only be done for up to 5 days. If your mole has not been removed by day five, you may need to try another remedy.
6. Try apple cider vinegar
Many companies use apple cider vinegar as a preservative but it can also serve as a great remedy for moles. Apple cider vinegar contains numerous alpha hydroxy acids that will help dissolve moles from the skin.
If you think using apple cider vinegar will work for you here is what you’ll need to do:
- Protect the area of concern with petroleum jelly.
- Add a little apple cider vinegar onto a cotton ball and place it on your mole.
- Use a Band-Aid to hole the vinegar filled cotton ball onto your skin.
- Leave this on for 2-3 hours.
This method should allow the mole to fall off in just a couple of weeks!
Essential oils can help get rid of skin moles
People use essential oil for many things, and now they can help get rid of skin moles. You can apply oils topically and help them penetrate through massage or infused in a cool compress solution.
7. Frankincense Oil
Used by the ancient Egyptians for many things, frankincense is considered “holy oil”. Moles form due to damaged cells and frankincense oil is loaded with three ingredients that help correct skin cells (phenols, sesquiterpenes, and monoterpenes). This infamous oil has also been used for fragrance, to cure intestinal diseases, and additional skincare issues. Before using frankincense on the skin dilute it with a carrier oil to prevent any irritation. This oil should be applied to the skin 3 times per day.
8. Oregano Oil
This powerful oil is antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-viral, anti-parasitic, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory. It also happens to be packed with the same three ingredients that make frankincense oil perform.
It is simple to get rid of moles with oregano oil:
- Dilute oregano oil with a carrier oil such as coconut, almond, or jojoba.
- Apply the mixture onto the skin just once per day (preferably after a shower so skin is clean).
Using oregano oil daily to get rid of your skin mole should deliver results in about ten days!
If you have a mole, it is important to monitor it to ensure it doesn’t pose any health risks. Here are a few things that will help you identify an abnormal mole:
- Your mole should be symmetrical. If you imagine a line down the center of your mole it should be identical on both sides.
- Your mole should have smooth edges. Any edges that appear jagged could be a sign of an abnormal mole.
- Your moles should be the same color throughout. If your mole is spotty, or has several shades monitor it closely.
- Normal moles are small, so If your mole is bigger than a hole punch, you may want to visit a physician.
- Your mole should always stay the same. If you notice any changes please contact your doctor.