How to get Clear Skin Naturally Fast
What exactly is a blemish? Is it a pimple? A blackhead? A mole? Actually, a blemish is defined as any small mark or flaw that spoils the appearance of something. With that said, it is safe to say that there are many types of blemishes.
- Blisters are raised blemishes that normally contain a sac of fluid.
- A cyst is a raised lesion (or blemish) that contains both fluid and bacteria. This is where the term cystic acne stems from.
- A freckle is a flat spot of discoloration. Some people are born with freckles and cannot get rid of them.
- Papules are the small bumps that don’t contain any pus.
- Scars from acne, injury, or surgery are also considered blemishes. Scars may be one of the hardestblemishes to get rid of.
- Pustules are acne, they contain pus, blood cells, and bacteria.
- Insect bites, rashes, wrinkles, hives, and patches are also considered as blemishes.
It sucks to have skin that is tainted by blemishes. If you want to obtain blemish free skin it is never too late to start, all it takes is a little time and consistency.
If you don’t have a skincare routine, start one this instant
If you’re really concerned about your skin, you should already have a skincare routine. If you’re unfamiliar, a skincare routine consists of cleansing, exfoliating, and hydrating. The products you use should be based on your skin type.
If you’re unsure of your skin type, this might help:
- Oily skin obviously contains high amounts of oil. Those who have oily skin are at a greater risk for acne, so if you don’t take care of oily skin, you are bound to get blemishes.
- Dry skin doesn’t contain enough oil. If you have dry skin, your goal should be to provide the skin with as much moisture as possible. When dry skin is neglected it could cause your skin to flake and become irritated.
- If you have a mixture of oily and dry skin you have a combination skin type. Generally those with combination skin are oily toward the center of their faces and drier on the cheeks.
Cleansing is the most important step
The most basic thing you can do for your skin is to cleanse it. Cleansing your skin means using a cleanser and not relying solely on water. Cleanser must be used to ensure a complete clean, it has molecules that attract dirt, oil, and debris which makesthem easier to remove from your skin. Each day your skin comes in contact with many contaminants, and though you may not be able to see them they can clog your pores. Cleansing the skin ensure you are free of acne, blackheads, whiteheads, and bacterial infections.
Exfoliating will help clear skin fast
If you’ve never exfoliated before you might want to begin now. Exfoliating is a beauty ritual that could solve most of your skincare woes. When you exfoliate you are removing dead skin cells from the skin’s surface, making room for new your skin to flourish. New born skin means skin that is free from all blemishes that aren’t embedded in your DNA. This means exfoliation helps remove blemishes like:
Be sure to hydrate your skin
Without moisture, your skin will suffer. Did you know that all you need is a small amount of dry skin to trap bacteria in your pores and you’ll end up with acne? Be sure to hydrate your skin with and ingredient that isn’t thick enough to clog your pores otherwise you may end up with a few blemishes.
You can help eliminate acne to get clear skin
Acne is caused by four things:
- Bacteria- If your follicles are clogged with debris it makes it so much easier for bacteria to form. Acne causing bacteria cannot live when exposed to oxygen, so if you keep your follicles clean, you could be acne free.
- Genetics– Acne itself doesn’t have to be a genetic disorder. Being genetically prone to acne could mean that your pores are naturally tight and withhold bacteria, or your cell turnover rate is rapid. Be sure to exfoliate dead skin away from your face so that you can lower your risk of developing more acne.
- Clogged pores- Your pores can get clogged with almost anything. In truth, there are many things that clog your pores that aren’t visible to the naked eye. Cleansing the skin will ensure that any materials you come in contact with during the day gets washed down the drain at night.
- Acne triggers- Things like stress, certain foods and skincare products have the ability to cause acne. If you’ve entered a stressful time in your life or are using a new product, your solution could be as simple as eliminating those triggers.
Clearing the scars
You’ve went through leaps and bounds to get rid of your acne and now you are left with scars. You may be wondering why you went through the trouble to clear acne when the scars look ten times worse but these scars can disappear. If you want to get rid of your blemishes you should certify that you are practicing proper sun protection, cleansing, hydrating, and exfoliating methods. Steer clear of products that use harsh lightening ingredients, they can make your skin sensitive to the sun and cause your scars to worsen.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, here are three quick tips that might help along the way:
- If you have enough disposable income, visit a skincare professional for a routine facial. Gettinga facial will give you a deep clean and you’ll have someone to give you professional skin tips. Visiting a spa will be much less money than going to your dermatologist, so try them first.
- Pump up the amount of vitamin C you consume. Foods like berries are great for those who want blemish-free skin. Not only does vitamin C help lighten the skin, it helps tighten, firm, and protect it from pesky free radicals.
- Staying active will push toxins out of your pores more rapidly so you can maintain blemish-free skin.