Get Clear Skin Fast for Men
Back in the day, men were known for callused hands and rough skin but now times have changed. Today, men are concerned about the way they look and are beginning to adopt rituals to fix that. There is nothing wrong with a guy who takes care of his skin; a silky surface feels great on any gender.
Before you begin treating your skin, you should first identify your primary concerns. The typical issues that occur on the skin include:
Acne is a very common skin concern that affects all skin types. It is identified by raised lesions that can either be filled with oil or puss. The puss found inside of pimples contain a bacteria that can make the disorder worse. So how do you get acne? Well, acne appears once your pores are deprived of oxygen. Throughout the day, dirt, oil, dry skin, and debris get into your pores, suffocating them. Once your pores are clogged, bacteria begin to form. If pores are clear, acne cannot flourish because its bacteriaareanaerobic (unable to live in the presence of oxygen). Acne can also occur on the body, and there are ways to treat it in those areas as well as on the face.
Similar to acne, blackheads form when the pore gets clogged. The difference between acne and a blackhead is that the impacted material has been oxidized by the outside air and turned black. Blackheads are generally attached to a tail of dirt, bacteria, and debris and can appear raised just like a pimple.
Just like a blackhead, whiteheads form when the pore is full of impacted materials. The biggest difference between a blackhead and a whitehead is that a whitehead has skin over the follicle opening. This skin prevents air from getting into the pore and turning the materials black and makes getting rid of them tough.
Fine lines and wrinkles
We all get old; there is nothing to be ashamed of, but looking old is another story. Fine lines and wrinkles are creases in the skin; they typically occur around the eyes, mouth, neck, and on the hands. Most of the time wrinkles are caused by old age, but they can also appear from skin trauma or dehydration. Learn how men can look younger naturally.
Uneven skin tone
Does your skin look like it contains multiple colors? Don’t worry no one is perfectly uniform, but you can improve the appearance of your skin. Uneven skin tone can be built into your genetics or caused by one or more of these factors:
- Excessive sun exposure- Staying in the sun for too long can cause permanent discoloration. The sun’s UVB rays have the power to burn the skin for several layers.
- Taking certain medications- All medications have side effects. If you are currently taking any medications, review the side effects to ensure skin discoloration is not one of them.
- Skin trauma or injury- Your skin is delicate, and if it is handled too roughly, it can become discolored. Some discoloration from trauma may go away on its own while others may leave a scar. Certain surgeries can also cause skin discoloration.
- Pregnancy- Pregnancy mask is common in women of color.
- Certain medical conditions or skin diseases- Your uneven tone could be due to a medical condition.
- Acne- Active acne can eventually leave a scar if it isn’t treated correctly. Picking at and popping pimples will almost always result in an injury, especially if your skin is sensitive.
- Allergic reaction or skin irritation- Some lesions that form when you have an allergic reaction may scar if they are picked at or scratched too often.
So, what do I do for clear skin?
Adopt a consistent routine
You don’t have to be suffering from a severedisorder to invest in a skin care routine; you can help prevent issues too. If you are without a group of skin care rituals, it’s probably the reason your skin is suffering.
The basic skin care routine consists of:
This is the most basic, yet vital step when working toward clear skin. Removing dirt, oil, and debris can eliminate issues like acne, blackheads, and whiteheads. To cleanse, you must use a facial cleanser. Dish and body soaps may be too harsh for the skin on the face because they are insanely effective at removing oil. Never cleanse for more than 3 minutes because your formula will become acidic.
Everyone’s treatment step is different because what you use depends on your skin concerns. Treatment products come in several forms:
- Masks are great for those who are lowmaintenance. Most treatment masks only need to be applied once a week, so there is no need to take anymore time out of your busy day. Learn how to make your own masks!
- Serums tend to be the most effective at treating skin concerns because they have a thin consistency. This kind of formula guarantees that the product penetrates the pores and work better than topical treatments.
- Lotions and creams are another formula in which treatments are made. They are used just as those used for hydration.
We’ve already discussed some of the most common skin concerns so let’s look at the ingredients that work best for them.
|Salicylic acid||Sulfur||Glycolic acid||Retinol||Vitamin C|
|Willow bark||Charcoal||Pumpkin||Glycolic acid||Glycolic acid|
|Tea tree oil||Clay||Citric acid||Vitamin e||Kojic acid|
|Benzoyl peroxide||Resveratrol||Bearberry extract|
Your skin needs moisture in order to flourish. By simply hydrating, your skin can see a decrease in fine lines, wrinkles, flakes, uneven tone, and sagging.
Visit a professional
If you’ve tried everything and can’t banish your skin concerns, it’s time to seek professional help. Look for a noteworthy dermatologist in your area, if possible find someone who specializes in your concern. If you don’t believe that your condition is severe enough to visit a doctor, try to find an esthetician. Estheticians provide lower level skin care services and may be able to help at a much lower price.