Natural Home Remedies to Get Clear Skin Overnight
Doesn’t it always seem as if your skin wants to freak out right before you have a particular occasion? Bumps and blemishes are no fun especially if you have to be seen. Before an event, people often overwhelm themselves by causing the skin to show signs of stress.
Though it seems like you need a miracle, there are a few things you can do to clear your skin by tomorrow morning.
Perform your complete skincare routine to clear skin overnight
One of the best ways to clear skin overnight is to perform an entire skin care ritual. You may already have products you prefer to use on skin, but you may have to part ways if they don’t contain at least one of these ingredients:
- Alpha hydroxyl acids- These ingredients will help dissolve dead skin and clear clogged pores. Alpha hydroxyl acids will leave skin feeling smoother, brighter, and more firm. On your label look for glycolic acid, lactic acid, citric acid or tartaric acid.
- Enzymes- Similar to alpha hydroxyl acids enzymes help to dissolve dead skin. Enzymes can be used as a more gentle way to chemically exfoliate since most of them are derived from fruit.
- Tea tree oil- This oil helps fight bacteria and unclog pores.
- Sulfur- Sulfur is an ingredient used to help eliminate excess oil; this will help reduce the size of a blemish.
- Benzoyl Peroxide-Used in acne products like Proactiv to help dry your blemish and reduce its appearance.
One of three things causes acne:
- Dead skin
- Excess oil
Ironically just cleansing will address each of these issues. You may not be able to see the dirt and debris in the air but, the fact is, it’s there. These materials can stick to the skin and drive deep into your pores. Once a pore becomes clogged with contaminants bacteria can begin to form. The cleanser has the power to extract dirt making it simple to wash it away. Excess oil is also eliminated by cleansing but be careful not to strip away too much or your skin will become dehydrated. If your cleanser is formulated with an exfoliant, it will also get rid of dry, dead skin cells.
Most people ignore the toning step mostly because they don’t understand it. No matter your skin type it is imperative to tone because it helps deactivate your cleanser. While rinsing it is nearly impossible to eliminate all product and after a while your formula becomes acidic. Too much acid can cause the skin to dry, which can, in turn, make acne appear worse. There are toners specifically for acne-prone skin; their job is to mattify oil, soften skin, and eliminate bacteria which is sure to improve your skin overnight.
Acne must be chemically exfoliated because manual scrubs can cause them to burst. Bursting blemishes may sound good, but they can be more trouble than they’re worth. Once the acne is open, it releases bacteria that you would spread across the face with a manual scrub. Manual scrubs can also cause acne scarring after blemishes have healed.
An acne treatment is frequently a mask, peel, or serum that is loaded with active ingredients guaranteed to clear skin overnight. Depending on the procedure used you may be able to use them more than once per day but some are so powerful they are only needed once every month.
Look for these blemish-fighting ingredients to clear skin overnight:
- Salicylic acid
- Willow Bark
- Glycolic acid
- Benzoyl peroxide
5 Natural DIY Masks, Try these natural recipes to get clear skin by morning
If you need a treatment product, try making one at home! Here are a few common recipes that can help you get clear skin overnight.
1. Cinnamon Honey Mask
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
2. Banana Face Mask
- ¼ cup of plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon of honey
- 1 banana
3. ACV Spritz
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups of water
4. Milk Mask
- ¼ powdered milk
- Water (enough to form a paste)
5. Oatmeal Mask
- 1/3 cups of oatmeal
- ½ hot water (not boiling, hot)
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of honey
Trusty old toothpaste
Not sure who the first person to place toothpaste over a zit but I thank them for their curiosity. Toothpaste has been used for years to reduce the appearance of zit because it acts as a drying agent. If all of the contents inside of your pimple are dehydrated, it will reduce in size. When using toothpaste on a pimple be sure to use it as soon as you notice a pop-up, leave it on for 10-15 minutes, and rinse.
Water can help clear skin overnight
Water is the most abundant resource on the face of the earth. The earth’s surface is about 75% water and so is your body. With water being at the forefront, it is safe to say it is quite important. Maintaining your water levels leaves a healthy environment for skin cells because it helps push toxins through the pores.
Now that you know the things you should do to get clear skin overnight, here are some things you should avoid at all costs:
- Do not pick at blemishes because you’ll only irritate them. Picking can cause blemishes to become red, inflamed, and sometimes painful.
- Do not scrub the skin, this can cause acne to spread.
- Avoid touching your face with dirty hands. Remember one of the causes of acne happens to be bacteria.
- Watch what you eat the night before your event because greasy foods may bring blemishes.
I’m sure you understand that if you truly have acne prone skin these methods will not eliminate all blemishes in 24 hours. For those with a pop-up or a mini-breakout, these methods can help clear skin overnight.
Get going! You don’t have much time until you need to look your best!