How To Get Smooth Supple Skin On Your Face
Almost everyone wants skin that is smooth and supple, but not many know what it takes. With so many products and procedures out there it may be tough to find your magic formula but I am here to give you a few ideas.
Get Silky Soft Skin Naturally
If you could get smooth, supple skin without spending money on expensive creams would you? If so you may be interested in these natural hacks for smooth, supple skin.
Change the way you shower
Do you know how to take a shower? It may sound like a silly question but in order to get smooth, supple skin you must know how to shower correctly. According to many dermatologists, a shower isn’t needed every day, in fact, it is only recommended 4-5 times per week. This research is solely based on the effect showering has on the skin. Since skipping a shower is out of the question for most of us, so here are a few things you can do to ensure your skin is smooth and supple after a shower.
- Review your body cleanser. If the product you use to cleanse is too harsh, it will strip away the skin’s natural oils. This will cause the skin to look dull, dry, and in some cases dehydrated. Use a body wash loaded with essential oils and skin nourishing bases like goat’s milk and shea butter.
- Turn down the temperature. Most people love to take scolding hot showers because it is relaxing, but your skin is suffering. Hot water evaporates in an instant, sucking the skin dry.
- Pat the skin dry. Instead of vigorously rubbing the skin try to pat it dry because too much tension can cause a skin injury.
Eat these foods
If you want smooth, supple skin, you must live a holistic lifestyle. What you eat can show up on skin so here are foods that will help reveal fabulous results:
1. Selenium– Found in Brazil nut, mushrooms, and certain seafood this ingredient helps to protect the skin from free radical damage. Free radicals live in our environment and thrive to attack healthy skin cells. Overexposure to free radicals can mean severe damage.
2. Antioxidants- Often found in berries, tomatoes, and spinach antioxidants also help with environmental protection. Using antioxidants will improve the skin by diminishing fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration.
3. CoQ10-Also an antioxidant this ingredient helps provide your cells with energy. This component is already present in the body but as you get older your body doesn’t make as much CoQ10 as it did when you were younger. Eating foods like salmon, tuna, whole grains, and organ meats can help provide your body with this essential substance.
Drink in moderation
You may consider yourself a beverage connoisseur but indulging in so much fun can leave your skin for dead. Drinks full of preservatives and sugar can leave your skin full of oil and acne so drink in moderation. Alcohol especially will ruin a beautiful face by making it look flushed and cause the pores to spread.
Water and green tea are the two best drinks for smooth, supple skin. Once skin cells receive moisture, they instantly become plump causing the skin to appear supple. Green tea is loaded with antioxidants, in fact, it is one of the best sources.
Getting smooth, supple skin the natural way can save your life. Any products contain ingredients that can cause skin irritations, diseases, even cancer.
Talk To Your Dermatologist About Helping You Achieve Silky Smooth Skin
A skincare professional is the best person you can speak to about ways to get smooth, supple skin. You may feel paying a professional a visit to talk about ways to improve your skin is silly but people do it often. Some doctor’s lives revolve around patients with cosmetics concerns in comparison to life-threatening illnesses.
This medical treatment for supple skin has become widely popular because it is the cheaper solution to a facelift. Fillers are used to plump fine lines and wrinkles through injection. The procedure only takes about 30 minutes and will last for anywhere from 4 months to more than one year. Unlike Botox, fillers work by just filling in the line or wrinkle of concern. Fillers have also been used to volumize areas such as the lips, jawline, and temples.
There are several types of fillers:
Hyaluronic acid fillers–Hyaluronic acid fillers are the most common type of filler and last from 4 months to two years. Juvederm and Restylane and very common hyaluronic acid fillers.
Synthetic fillers– This fillers made in a lab but is very long lasting. Silicone is a common synthetic wrinkle filler.
Collagen fillers– Collagen extracted from cows is injected into the skin. This method may not last long, and since the ingredient is coming from an animal source you are at risk for an allergic reaction.
Botox is also a very common procedure used to get smooth, supple skin. Botox works using a toxin that paralyzes your muscle. It is used on expression lines so are only injected near crow’s feet, fine lines, and the infamous number 11 (or the lines between your brows).
To get smooth, supple skin be sure your skin care products have effective ingredients
If you have a current skincare routine, you’re on the right track but your products won’t be very useful if they don’t contain the right ingredients. If you want smooth, supple skin here are a few ingredients you should look for in your next skincare purchase.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Olive oil
If you want to maintain smooth, supple skin, never stray away from your skincare routine. Even if your skin has completely transformed, discontinuing use will only reverse results. Your quest for smooth, supple skin begins now; it’s up to you to get going! Also look into some homemade options