How to get Rid of Large Pores on the Face
Got big holes in your face? Those are called pores, and they are responsible for keeping the skin alive. While many people feel that you can close a pore doing so would cause the skin to lose its oxygen supply. Having large pores can cause your skin to look textured, secrete more oil than normal, are more prone to being clogged, and ruin a good makeup look. If you have large pores, it isn’t the end of the world, there are a few things you can do to help.
Get rid of large pores on the face naturally
Large pores can be a thing of the past if you use these ingredients.
1. Use ice
Rubbing ice across your face may not feel the best, but it can help minimize the appearance of pores. When the skin gets cold, your pores begin to retract causing them to appear smaller than normal. It is important not to let the ice touch the skin directly because it can cause redness but using a washcloth as a barrier is an idea.
2. Egg whites can be useful
Eggs are loaded with vitamin A. Vitamin A is a natural form of retinol which can fight fine lines, wrinkles, acne, and more importantly, large pores. One great property vitamin A holds it its ability to remove excess oil from the skin. Those with an oily skin type may be familiar with sebaceous filaments. Sebaceous glands are your oil glands in 3. which oil rest and form filaments. These lesions often upper as blackheads, but the pores are beginning to stretch due to oil, not debris.
There are 3 ways to treat large pores using egg whites:
- Once or twice per week apply egg whites directly to your skin. Place tissue on top of the mixture so when it dries it becomes easier to peel. Peel away your mask once it has dried and rinsed the skin. This method can be performed up to 2 times per week.
- Mix egg whites with lemon juice. Lemon juice will supply the skin with citric acid and help loosen dirt and debris. You may leave this formula on the skin for up to 10 minutes then rinse it away with cool water. This method can be done 2 times per week.
- For extreme exfoliation try adding oatmeal to your egg white and lemon juice mixture. Apply the mixture on the face and let it dry. Once it has dried, splash your face with cool water and begin to massage the face. Oatmeal it a great physical exfoliant that will also calm the skin.
3. Ever heard of fuller’s earth?
If you aren’t familiar with fuller’s earth you’ll soon wonder how you were able to live life without it. Fuller’s earth is a clay mineral used in various cosmetic products. Fuller’s earth is a godsend to those with large pores because it absorbs oil, cleanses the skin, and serves as an antiseptic. As you may already know, pores begin to expend due to impacted materials. Whether it’s oil, dirt, or dry skin, applying fuller’s earth to the skin can help get rid of clogged pores fast.
If you want to get rid of large pores on the face, you should never skip these steps
Getting rid of large pores for good means having a daily routine for your skin. Following a routine means taking the steps to get rid of large pores and keep them away forever!
4. Cleanse it all away
Large pores often form because there is something inside of them and the only way to get rid of these materials is through cleansing. Cleansers have specific ingredients that retract debris out of the pore and down the drain. Look for a cleanser with charcoal, clay, salicylic acid, or volcanic ash, these ingredients are known to clear the pores. If you are a makeup wearer it is imperative that you remove your makeup first, then cleanse. If you only wash your face once you are simply removing makeup from the surface of your skin.
5. Remove dead skin cells
Exfoliation is important for skin tainted with large pores. Exfoliation can help remove dry, dead skin that likes to linger around the pores. If you are someone who had blackheads or whiteheads exfoliating will help break down any materials inside of the pore. Whiteheads can be easily extracted because the layer of skin that covers them will be thinner after exfoliating.
Learning to perform extractions will help get rid of large pores
Extracting materials from the pore is an end-all for large pores. When you extract material from a pore it begins to go back to its normal size. Extractions are normally performed during a facial but can be done in your very own home.
To perform extractions, you should:
- Cleanse the skin.
- Apply a toner.
- You must prep the skin for extractions by opening the pores. You can steam the face, use a deep cleansing mask, or a combination of both (which is highly recommended).
- After pores are open and skin is soft gently push down and back up against them. Any materials inside of the pore should be released.
To guarantee that you succeed at getting rid of large pores here are some great tips:
- Pore size is determined by genetics so it may not be possible to minimize them.
- Large pores can also be caused by certain lifestyles choices. If you smoke cigarettes, consume alcohol regularly, or eat greasy foods, changing these habits may help get rid of large pores on the face.
- Never try to extract a pore when skin is dry, this can result in an injury. Never force impacted materials out of the pore, you can cause it to erupt beneath the skin.
- If you have sensitive skin steam may be too harsh. The steam from a hot shower is also acceptable.
- Your pores will always be larger in the middle of your face because this is where the most oil is produced, don’t panic.