How to get rid of Dark Inner Thighs
Have you noticed that the skin on your thighs is significantly darker than the skin on the rest of your legs? Darkening of the skin occurs quite commonly in the inner thighs, and for various reasons. In order successfully treat your dark inner thighs, you must first discover where they stem from.
Obesity is one of the most common causes of dark inner thighs. When you are overweight, your fat builds over your muscles and causes your skin to stretch. Once your thighs reach a certain circumference they will begin to rub together; this is called chaffing. Excessive chaffing is what causes your inner thighs to change colors. Friction, excess sweat, and tight clothing can also contribute to chaffing.
Hormones can also contribute to dark inner thighs. If you’re pregnant, have imbalanced hormones, or are approaching your menstrual cycle, you may notice that your inner thighs darken. Certain medications can also cause your hormones to flux.
As you should already know, the sun’s rays are responsible for producing melanin. If you are a sun bather, it is inevitable that some places will be exposed more than others.
There is a condition called Acanthosis Nigricans that can cause patches of dark skin to appear. Be sure you aren’t suffering from this condition before attempting to treat dark inner thighs. Visting your doctor or dermatologist is the best way to determine if you have Acanthosis Nigricans.
Learn how to lighten other parts of the body.
Stellar hygiene can help lighten dark inner thighs
To be honest, you may be the cause of your dark inner thighs. The body needs a certain level of TLC and if it doesn’t receive it, your body may react.
Cleanse those thighs
At the bare minimum, you should be cleansing the skin that covers your inner thighs. Cleansing your skin with just water won’t cut it because water does not have the ability to dissolve dirt, oil, and debris. Whether you cleanse with liquid or bar soap is up to you, but if you want to get rid of inner things you should avoid loofas or washcloths. Use cleansing aids that are less abrasive like a sponge, or directly applying the bar of soap on your skin to prevent additional friction.
Cleansing the skin doesn’t only help get rid of dark inner thighs, it can also help with:
You can get rid of dark inner thighs naturally
If you don’t want to use store-bought skin lightening products to get rid of dark inner thighs, there are natural ways to cure them. While some methods will require you to channel your inner mixologist to create a formula, others don’t involve products at all.
Get up and move, and lighten all at the same time.
As discussed earlier, obesity is a common cause of dark inner thighs. You are guaranteed to battle obesity by living a more active life. Since your main concern is dark inner thighs, you want to do workouts that target the upper thigh region.
There are many great workouts for the upper thighs, including
- Wall squats- Wall squats are simply a variation of the traditional squat. To perform a wall squat, press your back against the wall and prep as if you are going to perform a normal squat. While your back remains pressed against the wall, begin to squat down as if you are going to sit on a chair. Instead of pressing back up with your legs, remain in a chair position. Try to hold wall squats as long as you can.
- Lunges- To perform a lunge, bring one leg forward and bend your other back leg so that your toe touches the ground. Plant yourself, make sure your front foot is pointing forward and is in line with your knee. Slowly go down and once you reach your limit, (you should not touch the floor) begin to push yourself back up. You should repeat this motion as many times as you can.
- Take the stairs- If your day involves using an elevator or escalator opt for the stairs. Climbing the stairs is known to shrink and tone the upper thighs.
- Squats- Since the era of the big butt seems to be getting more lengthy, adding squats to a workout routine is all the rage. Squats are amazing for the thighs and butt and are known to burn tons of calories. Stand tall, roll your shoulders back, be sure your feet are shoulder width apart and your knees are loose. Begin to squat down as if you are about to sit on a chair. Once you reach the “chair” begin to press back up using your legs; you may hold your arms in front of you for balance.
If you want to lighten inner thighs fast, try these tips:
- Never bathe without hydrating your skin, especially in the areas that are more pigmented.
- Refrain from wearing tight clothing and avoid fabrics that don’t allow your skin to breathe.
- If you are currently on medication, ask your doctor for a list of side effects. Remember some medications can cause your inner thighs to darken.
- Always wear sunscreen. Also, remember to reapply sunscreen every two hours if you are going to be directly exposed.
- After you shower, be sure you completely dry your inner thighs. Pat your skin instead of rubbing it so that you don’t amplify the issue.
- Take a gander at the ingredient list on the cleanser, lotions, and creams that come in contact with your inner thighs. Certain chemicals can cause hyperpigmentation to worsen.
- Exfoliate your inner thighs using either a body scrub or chemical exfoliant.